What Is Good For Your Metabolism?
Why in your young days you can eat half a pie or several cakes in one run and not get worried about extra kilos? And why you cannot afford it after 40? The reason is in slowing down metabolism with ageing that cause misbalance in energy intake and expenditure.
In Exchange For Youth
Your age affects metabolism most. The metabolic processes in the average adult human slow down by 7-10% with every 10 years of life. As you’re getting older and your physical activity digresses, your muscles mass gets replaced with fatty tissue that has 3 times slower metabolism as muscles.
Basically slowing down your metabolism occurs unnoticeably, resulting in weight gain and different illnesses.
FACT: Males have faster metabolic process than females, as they have larger muscle mass and less fatty tissue.
If the energy consuming and expenditure are in misbalance in your body, the speed of your metabolism gets in disorder.
What to eat to get slimmer?
That questions actually has some solid base! Some food and dietary supplements containing alpha-lipoic acid combined with L-carnitine promote fast calorie burning and prevent the accumulation of subcutaneous fat.
In order to speed up your metabolism, you should reconsider your daily diet:
- Eat low portions 5 times a day: split meals is the basis for most of the known diets, it helps stabilize your blood sugar and prevent over-eating;
- Your diet should contain enough protein, low amount of animal fats and plain carbohydrates (sugar and pastry items);
- You should have a square breakfast, containing protein, fat and carbs;
- Eat small portions, and have the last dinner 4 hours before going to bed;
- Drink enough of water – the lack of water in your body slows down your metabolism; drinking cold water makes your body spend more calories to heat up itself, which is good for metabolism;
The rhythms of your life
Metabolism not only depends of what we eat, how much and when, – your whole life rhythm affects it, too. If you are flying with the owl, your metabolism is significantly slowed. The body processes are conformed to biorhythms.
In order to speed up your metabolism, you need to increase your overall physical activity – active people burn more calories. It’s especially important if you are a brain worker and spending a lot of time in the office, since the sedentary lifestyle considerably reduces the speed of metabolic process.
If you are spending most of your time sitting at the desk or computer, you should do a small physical exercise several times a day. If you talk on the phone a lot, try to walk along the room while talking. It’s also better to move a lot while doing your household activities.
The aforementioned activities also promote faster metabolism:
- Prolonged tramp in a fast pace
- Gym activities
- Resistance training and strength exercises
- Jogging and running
- Active games
It’s very good to visit sauna (unless you have some health conditions when it’s restricted or not allowed). Alternatively, you can take a hot bath during 5-10 minutes, followed by a contrast douche, finishing it with the cold water all the time.
Good massage also increased your metabolism. The night sleep should be at least 7 hours: the lack of sleep significantly slows down the metabolism in people of any age.
Everyone can do it – and you too!
The important “booster” of metabolism is the sun light. It positively affects your overall health, activates immune system and stimulates the production of vitamin D that plays role in metabolic processes in your body.
Fresh air, the oxygen in it to be precise, increases the metabolism and promotes the fat burning process.
Prolonged stress slows down metabolism. You can battle stress with relaxation, self-massage and advanced supplements like 5-HTP.
You too can boost your metabolism, as it’s pretty easy to modify your daily ration and adjust lifestyle. Just by slightly modifying your eating and physical activity habits, you can substantially increase the speed of your metabolism, and not only lose weight but revert the ageing process.
Foods that boost metabolism:
- Lean meat and protein-rich meals – turkey chest, lean beef, egg white
- Oily sea fish: salmon, trout, mackerel, sardine – all of these are containing a lot of omega-3 oily acids that positively affect metabolism and regulate leptin level, hormone responsible for the speed of metabolism and fat burning in the body; Alternatively you can use Krill Oil – amazing supplement source of omega-3s, antioxidants and phospholipids, improving your energy, mental awareness and overall health
- Oat flakes
- Fatless yoghurt
- Red chili pepper: it contains the special alkaloid called capsaicin, that increased the production of ferments increasing metabolism (read more about Capsiplex – the leading UK fat burner also called “chili pills”)
- Spices: cinnamon, curry, flavoring herbs
- Green tea
- Coffee – caffeine stimulates central nervous system and increases the heart rate
- Lemons: in order to increase metabolism you can add lemon juice to the mineral water
- Apples, pineapples, kiwi, broccoli, spinach
- Multivitamin and mineral complex with probiotics – the real booster of energy and overall well-being. Recommended product to buy in UK – Totavite from Evolution Slimming.
- Seaweeds and sea food